Laney has reached that special age where she needs to be on a schedule. I am just waiting for her to agree with me. Some days are great - she takes a 1.5 hour nap goes to bed at 7pm and does not wake up until then next morning. Other days not so much. After looking over all of the research about each method to putting a baby on a schedule I decided on a modified version of the Ferber Method or Cry it Out. Letting Laney cry for short periods of time and then going in her room and soothing her. It is horrible - I feel like a horrible parent the entire time and 3 minutes feels like 3 hours when she is screaming bloody murder.
As I write this post Laney is in the next room exercising her lungs and expressing her distaste for this method of treatment. I am sure this is just one of the many times in Laney's lifetime that she will be in her room screaming her distaste for me - so I better get used to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment